By Shaykh `Abdur-Rahman `Abdul-Khaliq
Muhammad ibn `Abdullah is the final Messenger of Allah to all inhabitants of the earth. The proofs signs that show the truthfulness of the Prophet Muhammad and his genuineness are abundant. And the clear evidences that verify his Prophethood are countless. Some of them have been presented in following lines:
Among these proofs:
1. It is also amongst the signs of the truth that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was unlettered, unable to read or write, and remained so till his death. Among all his people, he was known as being truthful and trustworthy. Before receiving revelation, he had no prior knowledge of religion or any previously sent Message. He remained like that for his first forty years. Then revelation came to The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) with the Glorious Qur’an that we now have between our hands. This Glorious Qur’an mentioned most of the accounts found in the previous scriptures, telling us about these events in the greatest detail as if he witnessed them. These accounts were mentioned before in the Torah and the. Neither the Jews nor Christians were able to belie him regarding anything that he said.
2. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also foretold of everything that would occur to him and his community after him, pertaining to victory, the removal of the tyrannical kingdom of Khosrau [the royal title for the Zoroastrian kings of Persia] and Caesar, and the establishment of the religion of Islam throughout the earth. These events occurred exactly as the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) foretold, as if he was reading the future from an open book.
3. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also brought an Arabic Qur’an that is the peak of eloquence and clarity. The Glorious Qur’an challenged those eloquent and fluent Arabs of his time, who initially belied him, to bring forth a single chapter like one of the many chapters of the Glorious Qur’an. The eloquent Arabs of his day were unable to contest this Glorious Qur’an.
Indeed, till our day, none has ever dared to claim that he has been able to compose words that equal, or even approach, the order, grace, beauty, and splendor of this Glorious Qur’an.
4. The life history of this Noble Prophet (peace be upon him) was a perfect example of an upright, merciful, compassionate, truthful, brave, generous, distant from all evil character, and ascetic in all worldly matters, while striving solely for the reward of the Hereafter. Moreover, in all his actions and dealings, he was ever mindful and fearful of Allah.
5. Allah instilled great love for the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in the hearts of all who believed in and met him. This love reached such a degree that any of his companions would willingly sacrifice his (or her) self, mother or father for him.
Till today, those who believe in the Prophet Muhammad honor and love him. Anyone of those who believe in him would ransom his own family and wealth to see him, even if but once.
6. The history has not preserved the biography of any person in the manner it has preserved the life of the Prophet Muhammad, who is the most influential person in human history.
Nor has the entire earth known of anyone who is in the thought of a Muslim every morning and evening, and many times throughout the day. Upon remembering the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the believers in him will greet him and ask Allah to bless him. They do such with full hearts and true love for him.
7. Nor has there ever been a man on earth who is still followed in all his doings by those who believe in him.
Those who believe in the Prophet Muhammad sleep in the manner he slept; purify themselves (through ablution and ritual washing) in the manner he purified himself; and adhere to his practice in the way they eat, drink, and clothe themselves.
Indeed in all aspects of their lives, the believers in the Prophet Muhammad adhere to the teachings he spread among them and the path that he traveled upon during his life.
During every generation, from his day till our time, the believers in this Noble Prophet have fully adhered to his teachings. With some, this has reached the degree that they desire to follow and adhere to the Prophet’s way in all matters and steps.
Those who believe in the Prophet Muhammad repeat those praises of Allah, special prayers, and invocations that he would say during each of his actions during day and night, like: what he would say when he greeted people, upon entering and leaving the house, entering and leaving the mosque, entering and leaving the bathroom, going to sleep and awaking from sleep, observing the new crescent, observing the new fruit on trees, eating, drinking, dressing, riding, traveling and returning from travel, etc.
Those who believe in the Prophet Muhammad fully perform, even to the minute detail, every act of worship, like prayer, fasting, charity, and pilgrimage, as this Noble Messenger (peace be upon him) taught and as he himself performed.
All of this allows those who believe in him, to live their lives in all aspects with this Noble Messenger as their example, as if he was standing before them, for them to follow in all their doings.
8. There has never been a man anywhere upon this earth who has received such love, respect, honor, and obedience in all matters, small and large alike, as has this Noble Prophet.
9. Since his time, in every region of the earth and during every period, the Noble Prophet has been followed by individuals from all races, colors and peoples. Many of those who followed him were previously Christians, Jews, pagans, idolaters, or without any religion. Among those who chose to follow him, were those who were known for their sound judgment, wisdom, reflection, and foresight. They chose to follow the Noble Prophet after they witnessed the signs of his truthfulness and the evidence of his miracles. They did not choose to follow the Prophet Muhammad out of compulsion or coercion or because they had adopted the ways of their fathers and mothers.
Indeed many of the followers of the Prophet (peace be upon him), chose to follow him during the time when Islam was weak, when there were few Muslims, and when there was severe persecution on his followers. Most people who have followed the Prophet (peace be upon him) have done so not to acquire some material benefits. Indeed many of his followers have suffered the greatest forms of harm and persecution as a result of following the Prophet. Despite all this harm and persecution, this did not turn them back from his religion.
This clearly indicates for anyone possessing any sense, that the Prophet was truly and really Allah’s Messenger and that he was not just a man who claimed Prophethood or spoke about Allah without knowledge.
10. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) came with a great religion in its creedal and legal framework.
The Prophet Muhammad described Allah (glory be to Him) with qualities of complete perfection, and in a manner that is free of ascribing to Him any imperfection. Neither the philosophers nor the wise could ever describe Allah with such description. Indeed, it is impossible to imagine a person that possesses such complete ability, knowledge, and greatness; who has subdued the creation and who has encompassed everything in the universe, small or large; and who possesses such perfect mercy.
Nor it is in the ability of human being to place a perfect law based upon justice, equality, mercy and objectivity for all human activity on earth like the laws that Muhammad brought for all spheres of human activity, such as buying and selling, marriage and divorce, renting, testimony, custody, and all other contracts that are necessary to maintain life and civilization on earth.
11. It is impossible that any person conceive wisdom, morals, good manners and nobleness of characters as the Honorable Prophet (peace be upon him) brought.
In a full and complete manner, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) spread a teaching regarding character and manners toward one’ parents, relatives, fiends, family, humanity, animals, plants and inanimate objects. It is impossible for the human mind alone to grasp all of that teaching or come with a similar teaching.
All of that unequivocally indicates that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) did not bring this religion from his own, it was rather a teaching and inspiration that he received from the One Who Created the earth and the high heavens above and created this universe in its miraculous architecture and perfection. For more detail on this subject, please, click here.
12. The legal and creedal structure of the religion that was brought by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) resembles the engineering of the heavens and the earth. All of that indicates that He who created the heavens and the earth is the One Who sent down this great law and straight religion.
The degree of inimitability of the Divine law that was sent down upon Muhammad is to the same degree of inimitability of the Divine creation of the heavens and earth. For just as humanity cannot create this universe, in the same manner humanity cannot bring forth a law like Allah’s Law that He sent down upon His servant and messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Source: Taken from www.sultan.org with modifications.